Outpatient surgery centers are profit centers for the doctors who own them. Unfortunately, for patients the risk of serious injury or death can be much higher in an outpatient surgery center than it would be in a hospital operating room.
If you or a family member suffered an injury in an outpatient surgery center, call 800-538-1768 to discuss your case with an attorney at Godosky & Gentile. Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for victims of medical malpractice in New York City area hospitals and outpatient facilities. We offer a free case evaluation.
Getting Answers For Victims Of Surgery Center Malpractice
Outpatient surgery centers are relatively new in New York. Many New Yorkers had not even heard of them until the recent death of Joan Rivers at one of the centers, Yorkville Endoscopy.
When a surgical procedure results in serious injury or death, the family may have more questions than answers. Our outpatient surgery center negligence attorneys have the experience and resources to get answers and determine if the medical facility was negligent. Here are some examples of the questions we ask:
- Who administered the sedation, and was he or she qualified to do so?
- Did the center have an anesthesiologist present during surgery?
- Did the center have intensive care unit (ICU) equipment on site?
- Were staff members trained to use ICU equipment?
- Was your medical procedure appropriate for an outpatient surgery center?
- Were you or your family member an appropriate candidate for outpatient surgery?
- Did the doctor or staff make a mistake that caused your injury?
A U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firm: Our attorneys are known for their litigation skills and track record of success. U.S. News & World Report awarded us a Tier One ranking (the highest granted) in the categories of medical malpractice and personal injury litigation in their "Best Law Firms" report.
Contact Our Surgery Center Negligence Lawyers In New York City
There is never a charge to discuss your medical negligence case with a lawyer at our firm. We accept no legal fees for handling cases involving surgery center errors unless we obtain a verdict or settlement on your behalf. Call us toll free at 800-538-1768 today, or contact us online.