According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, ankle injuries account for 12 percent of all bone fractures that occur in the workplace and result in some of the most substantial time missed from work due to a fracture injury. In New York, ankle injuries are even more prevalent due to the significant number of ladder and scaffold falls that occur in the state each year.
For many years, those who have suffered from ankle fractures and other serious work-related injuries have turned to Godosky & Gentile. We are known in New York City and across the nation as a leader in the field of injury law; U.S. News & World Report has recognized us as a Tier One firm (the highest level) in its Best Law Firms publication. Many of our attorneys are routinely named to New York Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America and have received AV Preeminent peer review ratings* through Martindale-Hubbell.
Exceptional Results In Ankle Injury Cases
In workplace accidents and other types of accidents involving ankle injuries, we have obtained successful results such as:
- A $4.6 million verdict for a woman who sustained a fractured ankle in an automobile accident.
- A $4 million settlement for an 87-year-old woman hit by auto failing to yield to pedestrian in crosswalk resulting in fractured leg and ankle and requiring surgery with skin grafting.
- A $2.775 million settlement for a construction worker injured while unloading delivery of flatbed truck who fell and injured his back and ankles, necessitating surgeries.
- A $1.85 million verdict in favor of a woman who sustained a fractured ankle when she fell as a result of a defect in the sidewalk.
A $1 million verdict on behalf of a young man who sustained a fractured ankle in a car accident.
As these results show, we are well-versed in on-the-job ankle injury matters. We have an in-depth understanding of New York Labor Law Section 240 — commonly called the scaffold law — Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements, and all other rules and regulations that can impact the outcome of a workplace ankle injury case, and we use this knowledge to the advantage of each of our injured clients.
Contact Our Work Injury Attorneys
Call Godosky & Gentile at 800-538-1768 or complete our online contact form to arrange a free consultation with an attorney. We serve injured clients in Brooklyn, the Bronx, and throughout the entire New York City area.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.