Construction Accidents

Construction Accident Injury Claims

Although workers' compensation is the only avenue of recovery for many construction accident victims, for some it is not.

If you or a loved one has been seriously injured as the result of a construction accident — call toll free at 800-538-1768 or send an email to have your potential claims evaluated by an attorney at one of the most prominent and respected litigation law firms in New York City.

Our building and road construction accidents practice includes:

Section 240 And Section 241 Claims

The state of New York provides special protections to workers at elevated job sites. Codified under New York's Labor Law Section 240(1) (the "Scaffold Law") and 241(6) allow construction workers, who are hurt in job site accidents, to file a personal injury lawsuit against a contractor or owner, except owners of one- and two-family dwellings who contract for but do not direct or control the work.

Furthermore, these statutes impose strict liability. This means that workers injured in scaffold or ladder accidents do not need to establish that the contractor or owner was "at fault" or even that they knew about the dangerous condition. As long as the defective scaffold was the direct cause of the injuries, you can recover compensation.

For a general overview of these topics, please see:

Our firm has extensive experience representing injured construction workers. In fact, our lawyers have obtained some of the largest recoveries in New York State for previous clients, including a $3,900,000 verdict on behalf of one person whose on-the-job injuries included a fractured skull and cognitive impairment— and a $4,000,000 settlement on behalf of another who sustained spinal fractures as the result of a scaffold fall.

Attention To Detail…Outstanding Client Service
Call Us Today At 800-538-1768

Our firm offers free initial consultations and flexible appointment scheduling for your convenience. We accept no legal fees for handling construction accident cases unless a verdict or settlement is obtained on your behalf. Contact us online or call us at 800-538-1768 for more information.