Anthony P. Gentile
Anthony P. Gentile, a founding partner of Godosky & Gentile PC, has been named as one of the "Best Lawyers in America." In 2012, Mr. Gentile was recognized as a leading lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine and was listed as one of the Top 100 New York Super Lawyers. In addition, Mr. Gentile has received Martindale-Hubbell's highest ratings for legal ability (A) and ethical standards (V).
For more than 35 years, Mr. Gentile has successfully represented plaintiffs in numerous personal injury, medical practice, and products liability cases. He is a renowned trial lawyer – winning dozens of multi-million dollar verdicts at trial throughout his career. Mr. Gentile's experience and reputation as a leading trial attorney earned him a place in the Guinness Book of World Records after he obtained a $65 million verdict in a medical malpractice action in Bronx County – the highest personal injury recovery achieved at the time. Mr. Gentile was also trial counsel in a high-profile commercial action, which resulted in a $21 million verdict following a 5-week jury trial.
A 1971 graduate of St. John's University School of Law, Mr. Gentile has lectured extensively on topics, including personal injury, medical malpractice and products liability. Recently, China's Peking University invited him to be a guest lecturer on the topic of workplace safety. In addition, Mr. Gentile is frequently published on the art of trial lawyering. Mr. Gentile is also a member of the exclusive International Academy of Trial Lawyers and is an Adjunct-Professor with New York City University School of Law. Previously, he served as a member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association. He is also a former Vice-President of the Association of Trial Lawyers of the City of New York.
Mr. Gentile is admitted to the Bar of the State of New York, the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Products Liability Law
- Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Litigation & Appeals
- New York, 1972
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1972
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995
- St. John's University School of Law, Queens, New York
- J.D. - 1971
- Fordham University, Bronx, New York
- B.A. - 1967
- Contributing Editor, "New York Objections", Helen Freedman, JSC New York State
- Contributing Editor, "New York State Trial Lawyers Quarterly"
- "The Trial of the Personal Injury Case in the Wake of Tort Reform", Association of Trial Lawyers of the City of New York
- Moderator, Association of Trial Lawyers of the City of New York, 1992 to 1993
- Adjunct Professor, City University School of Law, 1997 to 2001
- Lecturer, New York State Bar Association, 1997 to 2001
- Lecturer, New York State Trial Lawyers Association Continuing Education Series
- Trial of a Medical Malpractice Case, Practicing Law Institute, 1996 to 1998
- Faculty Lecturer, Trial of a Commercial Case, Practicing Law Institute, 1996
- Lecturer, Proving and Defending Catastrophic Brain Injuries, Practicing Law Institute, 1995
- Chair Lecturer, The Daubert Standard, Expert Testimony, 1994
Honors And Awards
- "Best Lawyers in America"
- Leading lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine
- One of the Top 100 New York Super Lawyers
- Received Martindale-Hubbell's highest ratings for legal ability (A) and ethical standards (V)
Professional Associations And Memberships
- American Arbitration Association, Member, Panel of Arbitrators
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Medical Malpractice Committee, 1995 to 1997
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of the City of New York, Board of Directors
- Columbia Lawyers Association of the City of New York, Member
- Jewish Lawyers Guild, Member
- New York County Lawyer's Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyer's Association, Judiciary Committee Chair, Board of Directors
- Inns of Court, Kings County, Member
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Fellow