William Gentile joined Godosky & Gentile in 2007. Since his arrival, William has had numerous successful verdicts and settlements in excess of one million dollars. He has been recognized as one of the top young litigators in the field of personal injury by his peers. Martindale Hubbell has awarded Mr. Gentile a ranking of AV, their highest ranking. Martindale Hubbell lists anonymous reviews by judges and lawyers that have worked with Mr. Gentile where he is described as “superb”, “industrious” and “ethical”. Mr. Gentile was also listed in New York Times magazine on the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for top litigators in New York. The National Trial Lawyers has listed him as one the top 40 under 40 New York litigators.
Prior to joining Godosky & Gentile, William served as an Assistant State Attorney at the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office. He handled hundreds of violent and non-violent criminal cases, including narcotics, homicide, and complex fraud cases, and served as lead counsel on over 25 trials.
William is a graduate of Brooklyn Law School and is licensed to practice law in New York and Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Florida, 2004
- New York, 2007
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2004
- New York University, New York, New York
- B.A. - 1999
Honors and Awards
- Martindale Hubbell has awarded AV, their highest ranking
- Listed in New York Times magazine on the Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Listed him as one the top 40 under 40 New York litigators
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brooklyn Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers' Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers' Association
Past Employment Positions
- Miami-Dade County, Assistant State Attorney, 2004 to 2006