Were You Sexually Harassed? Five Types Of Sexual Harassment.
Sexual harassment can have devastating effects on its victims. You may not know where to turn or whom to trust following the incident. And those whom you do tell may insist it’s simply crude behavior or “locker room talk.”
At Godosky & Gentile, we take a stand against sexual harassers. Our attorneys champion sexual harassment victims in New York City and across the tri-state region, dedicating decades of experience to fight a cause we truly care about.
Both federal and state laws protect workers against sexual harassment in the workplace. This harassment comes in multiple forms, and all of them are unlawful:
- Inappropriate touching. A hand on your lower back or a caress of the leg is incredibly invasive, and is a common form of sexual harassment.
- Crude jokes. Jokes involving inappropriate sexual behavior can leave you uncomfortable and vulnerable at your job.
- Quid pro quo. Being offered a benefit in exchange for sexual favors is incredibly unlawful, yet unfortunately all too common in and out of the workplace.
- Sexual comments or gestures. There’s a fine line between a compliment and sexual harassment. If someone is commenting on the features of your body in a sexual way, they’ve crossed that line.
- Indecent exposure. Even if you’re not touched or talked about, you could still be sexually harassed. Having someone inappropriately expose themselves to you is one of the worst forms of harassment.
If you have experienced any of this behavior from a co-worker or a superior, never wait idly by. The longer you wait, the more likely it is that this behavior continues.
Nobody Should Tolerate This Behavior — Call Godosky & Gentile Today
Our lawyers are passionate about ending sexual harassment and finding justice for victims across the area. If you have been sexually harassed, take immediate action. Call our Bronx office at 212-742-9700 to set up a free initial consultation, or reach out online to get started.