Even if you are driving an oversized SUV or a massive pickup truck — a crash with a fully loaded tractor-trailer or another type of large commercial vehicle is likely to produce catastrophic results for the driver of the “smaller” vehicle.
At Godosky & Gentile, we strive to have that same kind of impact on the commercial trucking companies and their insurers. And as evidenced by the number of referrals we receive from other lawyers, and by our groundbreaking results — we feel confident in saying that to a large degree, we have done just that.
What Caused The Accident?
Our firm accepts trucking accident cases in New York City and those occurring in the surrounding areas of New York state. These accidents happen for a variety of reasons. And often, a combination of issues is to blame. Some of the more common factors include:
- Driver fatigue: State and federal regulations require truck drivers to sleep or take rest breaks at certain intervals. Many truck accidents each year are caused by drivers who have ignored these requirements.
- Inattention: Momentary lapses of concentration, blind spots and simple mistakes also play a role in many truck accidents each year.
- Driving too fast: Missed delivery deadlines can have a significant financial impact on truck drivers and trucking companies. Others pay the real price when accidents result.
- Unfamiliar roads: It is easy for anyone to make mistakes in unfamiliar territory. In New York, it is even easier.
- Brake failure: To stop a 25- or 30-ton vehicle, braking mechanisms need to be in good working order. Small-trucking companies and independent contractors are notorious for substandard vehicle maintenance.
Attention To Detail…Outstanding Client Service
Call Us Today At 212-742-9700
Our firm offers free initial consultations and flexible appointment scheduling for your convenience. We accept no legal fees for handling truck accident claims unless a verdict or settlement is obtained on your behalf. Contact Godosky & Gentile online, or call us at 212-742-9700 today to schedule your free consultation.