When a property owner fails to fix a dangerous situation or provide adequate warning of the property’s condition and someone is injured on that property, the injury victim may be able to pursue a premises liability claim. Unfortunately, many people, including some attorneys, regard these as straightforward, run-of-the-mill, simple cases.
At Godosky & Gentile, we do not; we know that premises liability cases require extensive documentation and innovative legal strategies in order to maximize the compensation that those injured by property owner negligence receive.
We use our decades of experience and results-oriented approach to litigation to build persuasive cases on behalf of injured clients and the families of those who have lost loved ones in premises liability situations. Our ability to successfully resolve even the most complex of cases has led to many awards and accolades, including U.S. News & World Report naming us a Tier One firm in their annual Best Law Firms publication. This is the topmost tier, and is reserved for the most prestigious firms throughout the nation.
Accidents Resulting From Property Owner Negligence
Our premises liability practice includes injuries occurring at hotels, grocery stores, office buildings, construction sites, on streets and sidewalks, and at virtually every type of commercial business or residential location. These cases can involve:
- Slip / Trip & Falls
- Tripping Accidents
- Falls on Icy Sidewalks
- Construction Related Accidents
- Broken Stairways
- Dog Bites
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Elevator Accidents
- Assaults in Parking Garages, Stairwells, Poorly Lit Areas and Hotels
- Inadequate Security
In any type of property injury case, our lawyers have the experience and resources necessary to pursue the full and fair compensation due to our injured clients. We have obtained many favorable results in property-related injury matters, including:
- $6,000,000 settlement for a 64-year-old man who suffered a head injury, fractured pelvis and internal injuries when he was struck by a crane cable while jogging near the FDR Drive.
- $3,950,000 settlement on behalf of a man who sustained spinal and head injuries in an elevator accident.
- $3,000,000 settlement for a man suffering catastrophic injuries causing paraplegia after a fall from bicycle on a city-maintained path.
- $1,900,000 settlement on behalf of a family of a woman killed in a high-rise apartment fire.
- $1,600,000 verdict for a man who fractured his jaw in a fall caused by a hole in the street.
Contact Godosky & Gentile
Our firm offers free initial consultations and flexible appointment scheduling for your convenience. Call 212-742-9700 to schedule a meeting with our premises liability attorneys. We represent clients in New York City and throughout all of the tri-state area.